I have always been fascinated by human nature and drawn to working with people in a helping / healing capacity. To this end, I’ve studied Psychology, Counselling, Coaching and a multitude of mind / body therapies; in search of the ideal way to support people in their healing and growth. After putting myself through university, I travelled and worked overseas as a Carer in the UK and English Teacher in South Korea. During this time, I gained a great deal of life experience and wisdom which I bring to sessions with my clients.
After returning to Cape Town in 2005, I opened a Wellness Practice where I worked one on one with hundreds of people on both physical and emotional levels. What I enjoyed most was building deep connections with clients. Consequently, I decided to further my studies in Psychology and simultaneously volunteer as a Counsellor at an NGO. My roles included; Counselling clients face to face and on the phone, Facilitating personal growth and Counselling Skills Courses, Supervising new Counsellors and participating in interview panels. This was where I gained the ability to deal with a wide range personal issues and realised that my greatest reward comes from supporting people through challenging stages of healing and growth. Finally in 2016 I felt ready to turn my passion into a career and began consulting individuals and groups in private practice and at small companies.
My studies and diverse life experience have given me a strong awareness of the depth of human suffering but also an appreciation for our strength of spirit. I believe that once our basic needs are taken care of, self-exploration is imperative if we want to lead meaningful lives. Counselling has helped me overcome my own struggles and it’s been a privilege to witness, again and again how my clients’ lives have been healed and transformed by the gentle power of talk therapy.
- 2017: ICF approved Coach Practitioner Program (SACAP)
- 2009-2012: Basic and Advanced Counselling Diplomas (UNISA)
- 2008-2009: Functional Anatomy & Physiology Certificate (UCT)
- 2007-2008: Life Line Personal Growth and Counselling Skills Courses
- 2000-2002: AHPCSA Registered Massage Therapy Diploma (MTA)
- 1998-1999: Yoga Teachers Certification (Ananda Kutir Ashram)
- 1995-2000: BA Degree Majoring in Psychology and English (UCT/UNISA)
- 2009-Present: Volunteering at a Counselling NGO – Roles include: Telephonic / Face to Face Counselling, Group Facilitation on Personal Growth and Counselling Skills Courses, Supervising new Counsellors, Being part of interview panels
- 2016-Present: Staff Support / Group Coaching Commercially
- 2016-Present: Counsellor and Coach in Private Practice
- 2005-20017: AHPCSA Registered Massage Therapist / Trainer
- 2004-2005: Teaching English as a foreign language in South Korea
- 2002-2004: Care Worker in the UK – Looking after disabled people and the elderly
- 1999-Present: Hatha Yoga Instructor
- 1994-2002: Employed in hospitality in SA & UK
REGISTRATION & AFFILIATION
“Bringing Lisa into our company added the necessary professional skills from a qualified person with exponential results. This process started 4 years ago, and I can say categorically that the outcome has been a revelation. We communicate more easily and openly, and an atmosphere of mutual respect and support prevails.” R Majewski. Managing Director: Narich (Pty) Ltd